Figure Drawing and Painting – PM
Day : Wednesday
Time : 6:30-9:30 pm
Instructor : Rob Zeller
Class Starts : July 11th
A class designed for artists of all levels of experience • Register online below.
In Foundations And Figure Drawing and Painting, two tracks will be offered simultaneously:
•Foundations are the bedrock of what we do at Teaching Studios. In this class, Foundations students study a course that develops foundational drawing skills, using Barque drawing plates, plaster casts, and still life objects, as well as copying Old Master drawings and paintings, to gain an understanding of the basics of drawing and painting itself.
• Figure drawing and painting students first study how the figure is made of up of simple geometric shapes and planes. Then, working from a live model, Instructor Rob Zeller teaches a system of working that includes rhythm, proportion, structure, form and color in a manner that is easy to grasp for artists of all levels of experience.
Each week will feature short poses to work on a given concept, and one longer pose that will last for the entire session. Students can expect to get one finished drawing per session, and many short sketches and anatomical notes.
For a supply list, click here.
5 essential concepts will be taught:
1. Gesture and rhythm of the pose
2. Basic proportions and geometry of the figure
3. Blocking-in using anatomy and a specific understanding of light and shadow
4. Modeling form
5. Finishing and refining touches
Artist will draw, then paint monochromatically, then paint in full color.
To view student work, click on the images.