Art Classes for Children on Long Island
WE MAKE CLASSICAL ART FUN FOR KIDS
Taught in two age groups, 6-8 and 9-12 years of age, our Art Lessons For Children program allows children to be children. We let them have fun, but still teach them good technique. And the more they learn, the more excited they are to learn even more.
Our Young Artists Program is now entering it’s 10th year. This is an excellent foundation that prepares young artists for AP Portfolio classes in high school and our own portfolio prep program here at Teaching Studios of Art. Our faculty have many years of experience teaching children classical techniques. The time frame is ideal for the attention span of a mature child, as classes run 2 hours long.
We offer young artists an opportunity to study traditional drawing and painting techniques using graphite, charcoal, watercolor, acrylic paint, and later, oils.Starting with step-by-step approach to the fundamentals of drawing and paintin, they begin by learning important drawing concepts such as line, value, form and composition. After learning some color theory, students nove on to paint still-lifes, landscapes and portraits. A fun and supportive classroom atmosphere is cultivated.
ART CLASSES FOR CHILDREN
Before registering, please review a few important points by clicking here.
- Click on each course name to find a course description, a materials list, and some images from that class.
- Late registrations are welcome.
- If you start late, call to have your tuition prorated.
- Please review our policies regarding make-ups, refunds, and enrollment here prior to registering.
- Due to rising credit card fees, students paying by credit card, either online or in person, will also be responsible for a non-refundable administrative fee of $5 per course.